Scaling Django from server to browser through an efficient caching strategy
Speaker: Hedley Roos
Room: Congo Room
Time: Oct 06 (Thu), 11:45
At Praekelt we're responsible for high traffic sites built in Django. An efficient caching strategy is required to minimize server load and in this talk we illustrate the techniques we use to serve Telkom's web site.
The talk assumes basic Django knowledge.
We will touch on:
- Volatile caching with memcached as backend.
- Template fragment caching.
- View caching.
- HTTP caching headers and how they affect Nginx and browsers.
- Automated cache invalidation.
- Automated Nginx reverse cache purging.